gnupic: Thread: Re: PIC Emulator...

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: PIC Emulator...
From: Axel Wachtler ####@####.####
Date: 1 Mar 2000 07:11:44 -0000

Matt wrote:
>  I have been inspired (thanks Ray) to employ my C/C++ skills in
writing
>  an emulator to tie the new pinout stimulator to the parallel port...
> this would be excellent for creating a really really easy ICE... you
> couldn't get simpler than putting wires on connectors, on your working

> hardware (excluding PIC)..

I'd just the same idea when I saw the stimulus capabilties in gpsim.
But we'll need external hardware for the port to get more than 8 outputs

and 4 inputs, at least if a port is bidirectional we'll need a tristate
buffer.

Does anybody know a PLD which can be programmed in system, (EEPROM- |
FLASH-able)
to have the possibility to reconfigure the PORT-Layout. Using a PIC16x84
directly would be
to slow, because there is the communication with the host.

(What to do with the AD-conversion of 16C71, using the Soundblaster ?)

Regards Axel