gnupic: Thread: where to start?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: where to start?
From: Andy Stephenson ####@####.####
Date: 14 Apr 2000 07:43:30 -0000

Guys,

I have a Suse 6.3 distribution installed, with the KDE desktop, and
numerous other bits and pieces. But where do I start with PIC
development?

What is available for download? Both ready to run binaries and source?

I guess I need things like an assembler (GPASM?), simulator (GPSIM?), C
compiler? (I think I may have the HiTech compiler for Linux on the CD).

How do I know if the GNU environment is set up? Where are things loaded?

Tons of questions I know, but that's just a measure of my ignorance!

Any good gui type FTP clients? Suse comes with LLNL XFTP, but this prog
bombs out after connecting - don't know why.

All help appreciated.

Rgds...

...Andy