gnupic: Thread: ANNOUNCE gpsim-0.19.0

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ANNOUNCE gpsim-0.19.0
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 5 Apr 2000 11:42:35 -0000

                    gpsim

      GNU Pic Simulator, a simulator for
      Microchip's PIC microcontrollers.

I've just uploaded a new release of gpsim to

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim-0.19.0.tar.gz
or goto the webpage:
http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim.html

Also, you'll probably want to grab the latest release of gpasm
http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpasm-0.8.9.tar.gz

New features:

05APR00 gpsim-0.19.0
 o Daniel Schudel joins gpsim development.
   -- Added support for the 16x5x family
 o Added 16f87x family
 o gui - Added Program Memory sheet
    --  Added support for program memory writes
 o gui - Added Breadboard window (graphical pinout)
 o Asynchronous mode of the usart fixed.
 o A/D converter enhanced
 o Analog Stimuli revisited.
 o Scripting was fixed.
 o cli - Once again, gpsim can be built without the gui.

README:
------
Please see the README file for all of the details on the new features.

INSTALL:
-------
install gpsim the standard way:

tar -xvzf gpsim-0.19.0.tar.gz
./configure
cd gpsim-0.19.0/
make
su root
make install

this will expand into a child directory named gpsim-0.19.0 . From there you
can check the README, README.EXAMPLES, INSTALL, HISTORY, PROCESSORS and TODO
files for more information. The rest of the steps will build gpsim and place
the executable into /usr/local/bin . If you don't have root privileges then
you can copy the executable at gpsim-0.19.0/gpsim/gpsim to a directory in the
execution path .

Special Thanks (still) goes out to Ralf Forsberg for his major contributions
to the gui interface. New thanks go out to Daniel Schudel for contributing
the 16C5X family.

If you have any questions, you can reach me: