gnupic: Thread: Sub Competition

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Sub Competition
From: Ricky ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jun 2000 16:08:40 -0000

Hello guys!!

I'm Ricky, the captain of the "Ecole de Technologie Superieure"
university robot sub.

I've been subscribed to this list ever since our team decided to use
PIC.  I didn't have any time to participate in the discussions or in
the code, but I'll still ask:

Our inter-university competition is next week and I use Linux/VIM/gcc
to code the AI (right) that currently interacts with a simulator.  I
tried to isolate it from PC dependencies so that I can easily compile
it to the PIC, trying to use ANSI C as much as possible.

I'll eventually need to transfer it to the PIC16F877 (we've put a
bootloader on them) and what I'd like to know: would it be worth it to
use a Linux PIC C compiler now?  What about running htpic inside
dosemu: is there any problems with that? Did anyone make it work (I did
try it and had a few problems) for the PIC16F877?

I'll be sure to give a shot at using gpsim once I get the object
compiled for the PIC.

Thanks,

=====
Ricky Ng-Adam, capitaine du projet S.O.N.I.A. de l'ÉTS
http://sonia.ele.etsmtl.ca, http://wuggawugga.com

http://mail.yahoo.com/
> I'll eventually need to transfer it to the PIC16F877 (we've put a
> bootloader on them) and what I'd like to know: would it be worth it to
> use a Linux PIC C compiler now?  What about running htpic inside
> dosemu: is there any problems with that? Did anyone make it work (I did
> try it and had a few problems) for the PIC16F877?

Are you meaning the Hitech Pic-C compiler.

I write 'C' for the 16f87x series nearly all the time. what you need to
do is get teh Linux version of picc. It's on the CD, just no-on finds
it. So throw away your dosemu, it's unneeded.

Hope this helps.

matt