gnupic: Thread: gpsim CVS status

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gpsim CVS status
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jun 2000 12:21:31 -0000

There's quite a bit of new stuff in CVS right now that I'd like to bring to
everyone's attention.

First, Ralf has significantly enhanced the gui interface. Remember all of those
damn menu items that didn't do anything? Well, now they're active. In addition,
the two-step process for opening a window is now removed. Here's a brief
summary:

The File->open menu item will now allow you to open .cod files. By the time
0.20.0 is out, it'll most probably load .stc files too.

The Preferences menu item has been removed. Recall that this brought up another
window that would allow you to select (from a note book thingy) which other
windows are opened/closed. (The two step process mentioned above).

The Windows menu item is now fully functional and replaces the Preferences menu
item. Basically, there's a radio-button menu entry for each window type. From
here you can toggle opening/closing windows.

A toolbar-like control now exists for easy access to often repeated functions
like step, run, etc...

The entire gui interface is now dynamically refreshed while gpsim is
simulating. Right now, it's hardcoded at about a million cycles, (that is every
one million cycles the entire gui is refreshed). This turns out to be several
times a second. Ralf may make the update rate changeable and expressable in
terms of time (or frequency) instead of pic instruction cycles. The latter
change may not make it into 0.20.0 .

I've done some stuff too, but it's beneath the hood, so to speak. Several core
dumps have been fixed. I still have a couple outstanding ones with the 12-bit
core - as one person has just informed me.

The stimuli api has changed yet again (not since last week, but since last
year). I've been debugging this over the last few days. Some of the changes
being made will make it easier to implement the user defined modules.

TMR1 is now updating continuously. It still will not work from an external clock
source. I'm not sure if I'll get that feature in before 0.20.0.

-------------------

The goal is still to get an 0.20.0 release out before July. I'm not sure if I'll
make that though because there has been a whole more debugging than I
anticipated. I'll certainly pop a 0.19.3 (current in CVS but not on the web
page) or 0.19.4 up in the next few days. The things left for 0.20.0 are fixing
the 12bit core dumps and rounding out the Module interface. I'm sure Ralf has a
couple things he'd like to squeeze in too.

Scott

>The entire gui interface is now dynamically refreshed while gpsim is
>simulating. Right now, it's hardcoded at about a million cycles, (that is every
>one million cycles the entire gui is refreshed).

No, it's the gui_update variable in gpsim which is changeable using
the set command, like "set gui_update 1" (for example) from the cli.

I'll add a spin button or something to control it from the gui.

 / Ralf
>>The entire gui interface is now dynamically refreshed while gpsim is
>>simulating. Right now, it's hardcoded at about a million cycles, (that is every
>>one million cycles the entire gui is refreshed).
>
>No, it's the gui_update variable in gpsim which is changeable using
>the set command, like "set gui_update 1" (for example) from the cli.
>
>I'll add a spin button or something to control it from the gui.

Done in cvs. It also saves itself into the ~/.gpsim file now.

 / Ralf