gnupic: Thread: Modules are starting to work

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Modules are starting to work
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jun 2000 03:40:11 -0000

Check out this screen shot of this (really hideous) 7-segment display:

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/7seg.gif

This module is a 'common cathode' 7-segment display. The cathode is connected to
Port A bit 0, and the seven segments are connect to port B bits 0-6. If the
cathode is driven 'high' all of the segments are turned off. If it's driven low,
then those whose anodes are driven high will be illuminated. A simple pic
program drives port a0 low and cycles through portb. As portb changes, so do the
segments. Of course, you know I intentionally made the display as ugly as
possible to inspire others to make it better!

The led module code is totally separate from gpsim. I'm not quite ready to
release it because there are several things that need to be fixed. (Like having
gpsim initiate module gui updates).

Right now, modules accept inputs only. The next thing will be to get module
outputs working and then I'll start thinking about the 0.20.0 release. I don't
think I'll meet the end of June release of 0.20.0 that I promised a few weeks
ago though.

Scott