gnupic: Thread: picp version 0.4c

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: picp version 0.4c
From: Andrew Pines ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2000 04:26:00 -0000

After many distractions I have finally culled the latest data from MPLAB
5.00.00 and added it to picp.  The new version is available at
http://www.cosmodog.com/pic/picp04c.tgz.

Here are the newly-supported devices:
    PIC16HV540
    PIC16C55A
    PIC16C57C
    PIC16C712
    PIC16C716
    PIC16C773
    PIC16C774
    PIC16F872
    PIC16F873
    PIC16F874
    PIC16F876
    PIC18C242
    PIC18C252
    PIC18C442
    PIC18C452

For some reason, MPLAB dropped support of some parts.  For consistency I
dropped them as well.  If you are using one of these parts I suggest
keeping version 0.4a around or trying to persuade me to put them back in
(and explain why MPLAB dropped them):
    PIC16C554A
    PIC16C556
    PIC16C556A
    PIC16C558A

I think this is complete and correct; invoke the new picp for a complete
listing.

At some point since the last time I scanned the MPLAB-to-PICSTART data
stream Microchip changed the way it works (much to my surpise).  It
appears to be passing a second set of profile data when it initializes
for a part.  I don't know what the extra bytes mean (or what most of the
other bytes mean) but picp now dutifully passes them along as well.
Because of this I had to touch every device profile, which means there's
a fairly good chance I broke something and don't know it because I can't
test every single device.  So, PLEASE let me know if something which
used to work doesn't anymore, or if one of the new parts don't work.
Any information anyone has about the PICSTART's protocol would be
appreciated.

Good luck, all.

  -Andrew

--