gnupic: Thread: tait style programmer software

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: tait style programmer software
From: Andy Stephenson ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jul 2000 15:28:22 -0000

Hi,

Been lurking for a while now - nothing to contribute.

But now, it's time to get my hands dirty. I need some software to drive
a 'Tait' style programmer. Command line or GUI. Where do I go?

I have been selling the P16PRO kit by DIY Electronics for some time now,
but they have decided to sell through one outlet only in the UK. So, I
have mede up my own kit, with the addition of a socket for a serial
eeprom of the IIC variety.

Does anyone care to write some software to program serial eeproms
(24Cxx)? The interface is the 'Tait' style - clock and data being the
RB6/RB7 pins that program the micro.

Failing anyone taking up the challenge to write the seria eeprom stuff,
I would still like to test the hardware in the Linux environment. So
please point me in the direction of some suitable software.

BTW. If anyone does take up the challenge, I will donate a programmer
kit - on completion of course!

Rgds...

...Andy