gnupic: Thread: ANNOUNCE: gpsim-0.20.0

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ANNOUNCE: gpsim-0.20.0
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jul 2000 03:41:05 -0000

                    gpsim

      GNU Pic Simulator, a simulator for
      Microchip's PIC microcontrollers.

I've just uploaded a new release of gpsim to

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim-0.20.0.tar.gz
or goto the webpage:
http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim.html

Also, you'll probably want to grab the latest release of gpasm
http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpasm-0.8.9.tar.gz

New features:

28JUL00 gpsim-0.20.0
  o Modules - gpsim now supports dynamically loaded modules
    -- module command
  o gui - upgraded to latest versions of gtk & gtkextra
  o gui - Menu items now work
  o gui - button bar
  o gui - now refreshes while simulating
  o gui - Stack Window has been added
  o BSD is now supported
  o numerous bug fixes

README:
------
Please see the README file for all of the details on the new features.

INSTALL:
-------
install gpsim the standard way:

tar -xvzf gpsim-0.20.0.tar.gz
./configure
cd gpsim-0.20.0/
make
su root
make install

this will expand into a child directory named gpsim-0.20.0 . From there you
can check the README, README.EXAMPLES, INSTALL, HISTORY, PROCESSORS and TODO
files for more information. The rest of the steps will build gpsim and place
the executable into /usr/local/bin . If you don't have root privileges then
you can copy the executable at gpsim-0.20.0/gpsim/gpsim to a directory in the
execution path .

Also, don't forget to install eXdbm and gtk+extra. Please see the gpsim
web page for links to them.

Special Thanks (still) goes out to Ralf Forsberg for his major contributions
to the gui interface. Additional thanks goes to Joerg Wunsch in his support
for the BSD port. James Cameron deserves an honorable mention for telling me
about the strace command and about dlopen().

If you have any questions, you can reach me: