gnupic: Thread: Re: gpsim under FreeBSD

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: gpsim under FreeBSD
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 12 Jul 2000 12:36:57 -0000

Joerg,

This new question is one that I'd like to answer on the gnupic mailing list.

For everyone else, Joerg is a BSD guy that'd like to see gpsim run there. He has
found and fixed those annoying compilation problems that have plagued many of
you in the past. After several days of going back and forth between him, Ralf
and myself, Joerg has managed to get gpsim running under BSD! Good work Joerg!

----------

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Scott Dattalo wrote:
>
> > BTW Joerg, do you want CVS access to gpsim?
>
> Not yet. :)

Chicken :)

> How about the idea of a generic simulator, do you think it's doable at
> all?  (I have no clues about the current architecture of gpsim and
> about the abstraction boundaries, so it might seem like a really silly
> question...)

This IS possible. I've designed gpsim from the beginning with this in mind. The
recent changes for the modules only add to this infrastructure. The only thing
that would need (perhaps major) changes would be the gui. However, I don't see
this as being impossible. Right now the gui has no `idea' that it is providing
an interface to a pic microntroller. We could easily pull the wool over its eyes
and slip a HC11 or a 8051 instead.

Scott