gnupic: Thread: Re: gpsim - is the simulation of two connected PIC's possible?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: [PIC]: gpsim - is the simulation of two connected PIC's possible?
From: Wojtek Zabolotny ####@####.####
Date: 10 Sep 2000 09:48:17 -0000

Hi All,

I need to simulate a system containing two connected PIC's 16F84 and 16F877.
I know that GPSIM supports modules which can emulate different hardware
connected to the simulated PIC. However is it possible to simulate two PIC's
communicating eg. through UART or I2C or just through a few pins with user
defined protocol?

I know that s51 simulator included in SDCC package can work this way, at
least with UART (you can run two instances of S51 and "connect" their
RS in/out's)

I think that the "modular" structure of gpsim should make it possible, and
it would really a great feature...
Is such functionality already available?
Is it possible to implement it in any easy way?
Maybe it is possible to create a module, which could connect (through POSIX
IPC functions) two instances of GPSIM?
--
			TIA & Greetings
			Wojciech Zabolotny

When buying hardware, ask the dealer if it is Open Source friendly!!!
http://www.openhardware.org