gnupic: Thread: Problem Compiling gpsim

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Problem Compiling gpsim
From: Axel Wachtler ####@####.####
Date: 17 Feb 2000 13:20:13 -0000

Hallo Everybody,

 I just downloaded the gpsim,

 ./configure --disable-gui --disable-shared

 runs trough, but when I

 make

 it is trying to compile in gtksheet directory. I am unable
 to find the reason why, its a quite complex makefile.

 Configuring with GUI and gtklibs installed for SuSe Linux 6.0
 results in some GTK_xxx Symbols not found in gtk_bordercombo.c

 What can I do to get gpsim running without gui ?

 Best Regards

 Also running by hand true the subdirs and typing make brings success
 except for gui and gtksheets directories..

 Axel

>  ./configure --disable-gui --disable-shared
>
>  runs trough, but when I
>
>  make
>
>  it is trying to compile in gtksheet directory. I am unable
>  to find the reason why, its a quite complex makefile.
>
>  Configuring with GUI and gtklibs installed for SuSe Linux 6.0
>  results in some GTK_xxx Symbols not found in gtk_bordercombo.c
>
>  What can I do to get gpsim running without gui ?
>
>  Best Regards
>
>  Also running by hand true the subdirs and typing make brings success
>  except for gui and gtksheets directories..

Someone else has also reported this problem. There's a bug in the Makefile
(actually configure.in) that I need to fix.

I obviously didn't test this for 0.18.0... You've got a couple of options:

1) Wait a day or two for me to fix it (or fix it yourself and submit a patch :)
).
3) Go ahead and install the gui tools (gtk and gtkextra) but configure with the
gui disabled. This will should build gpsim just fine. However when you run it,
no gui calls will be (or should be) made.

Sorry,
Scott