gnupic: Thread: Don't believe everything you read (?)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Don't believe everything you read (?)
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jan 2001 01:43:30 -0000

I was doing some research last night and I stumbled across this :

http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/pipermail/plug-devel/2000-September/000085.html

Synopsis:

Today, as I walked out of work at Chandler Microchip, I saw
a cute, degrading -somewhat accurate- posting on the side of
a cubicle, referring to Win95.  On the bookshelf inside , I
saw: The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup; The
Standard C Library by Plauger and the O'Reilly books on Lex
and Yacc and RCS and SCCS.  On the desk inside was a computer
booting up.  On the right side of the console was a column
of green [OK]'s.  I exclaimed, "That's Red Hat!!". The guy
across the hall stood up and came over to talk.  Shortly,
the told me that they wrote compilers for the Microchip "PIC"
processors and were planning to make the source code Open
Source.  He will be contacting Eric Raymond.  He is also
interested in PLUG.  We didn't have much time to talk, but
will in the future.

Daniel F. Montagnese

Have any of you heard this?  I sent an email to the Microchip Third
Party Development Manager, but he hasn't responed.