gnupic: Thread: gpasm-0.9.0

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gpasm-0.9.0
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2001 04:26:40 -0000

Again, thanks to Craig Franklin, gpasm has taken another quantum leap forward:

http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpasm-0.9.0.tar.gz

There haven't been too many changes since 0.8.16. However, Craig is about to
embark on the next stage of gpasm development. His last few patches have been
fairly significant and warrant a jump in the upgrade number.

The next task Craig is currently hacking away on is linker support for
gpasm. Yippie! Now this isn't going to be any ol' linker support. Craig is
striving to maintain mplink compatibility. This will require some reverse
engineering of the (mostly COFF) mplink object files.

Craig has also written a hex disassebler whose output can be fed back into gpasm
to generate the same .hex code. It should keep those recursive programmers busy
:). This utility will eventually be integrated into the gpasm source tree.

The vc (.cod file viewer) utility is going to get integrated into the tree as
well.

Scott

PS. I'm slowly plugging away on the SDCC PIC port. The pcode design and
implementation is proving challenging (for every three lines of code I write, it
seems like I delete two!).