gnupic: Thread: Status

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Status
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 5 Feb 2001 05:10:12 -0000

It may seem quiet, but it ain't.

Craig, Ralf and I are all busily hacking away. As said in the gpasm-0.9.0
release, Craig would be adding a disassembler to gpasm.  He has done this and in
addition, he's merged the vc (view cod file) utility in there as
well. Furthermore he's been enhancing the documentation.

Ralf has been adding Profiling to gpsim. This is something I've wanted for a
long time. It looks like I've waited long enough! He's also improved the trace
viewer (by making it faster). This is going to be really useful.

I've been working on the PIC port of SDCC. The pcode infrastructure that was put
into place has been refined (a euphimism for "it wasn't good enough to begin
with, so I had to redo it"). Most of the regression testing programs now compile
with the pcode logic. The next step is the pcode optimization. (pcode is the
term I've given to "post code" as opposed to "intermediate code" (icode)
generation. The SDCC engine produces icode, the pic port turns this into pcode
and then ultimately into assembly.)

Scott

 .~.    /"\    /\            Michael Shiloh
/( )\    X   /  \--          (415) 346-2270 x 121