gnupic: Thread: gputils in the near future

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: gputils in the near future
From: Borut ####@####.####
Date: 23 Oct 2012 07:19:19 -0000

Dear gputils users and developers,

here are my plans for gputils in the near future:

  * make the gputils 0.14.3 release candidate 1: today
      o gputils 0.14.3 will support all pic devices supported by latest
        MPASM(X) from MPLAB v1.41
  * make the gputils 0.14.3 final release if no critical regressions
    will be found: next weekend
      o this will be the last release for 0.14.x series
  * merge the preprocessor branch and make the 0.15.0 release:
    immediately after the 0.14.3 release
      o the preprocessor branch already includes fixes for:
          + defines with parameters, for example:

            #define sum(a, b)	((a)+(b))

          + improved / multiple / nested #v() handling, for example:

            xxx#v(10)yyy#v(10 + #v(10))

          + improved macro parameters handling:

            mmm     macro   label,instr
            label   instr
                     mend
                     mmm     xxx,movlw 10

  * fix / implement nested WHILE handling and make the gputils 1.0.0
    release: probably few weeks after the 0.15.0 release

Comments are welcome.

Borut

>  * make the gputils 0.14.3 release candidate 1: today
>      o gputils 0.14.3 will support all pic devices supported by latest
>        MPASM(X) from MPLAB v1.41

I guess that includes the bunch of PICs that were just announced?

PIC16F1454
PIC16F1455
PIC16F1459
PIC18F13K50
PIC18F14K50
PIC18F24K50
PIC18F25K50
PIC18F45K50
PIC18F65J94
PIC18F66J94
PIC18F67J94
PIC18F85J94
PIC18F86J94
PIC18F87J94
PIC18F95J94
PIC18F96J94
PIC18F97J94

> Comments are welcome.

Looks really great, regardless of status of above parts!

//Peter

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 09:19:15AM +0200, Borut Ražem wrote:
> Dear gputils users and developers,
>
> here are my plans for gputils in the near future:
>
>  * make the gputils 0.14.3 release candidate 1: today
>      o gputils 0.14.3 will support all pic devices supported by latest
>        MPASM(X) from MPLAB v1.41

Does this include simulation of all devices too? While assembly and linking
have kept up well, I've been waiting for gpsim to catch up with the others.
>  * make the gputils 0.14.3 final release if no critical regressions
>    will be found: next weekend
>      o this will be the last release for 0.14.x series
>  * merge the preprocessor branch and make the 0.15.0 release:
>    immediately after the 0.14.3 release
>      o the preprocessor branch already includes fixes for:
>          + defines with parameters, for example:
>
>            #define sum(a, b)	((a)+(b))
>
>          + improved / multiple / nested #v() handling, for example:
>
>            xxx#v(10)yyy#v(10 + #v(10))
>
>          + improved macro parameters handling:
>
>            mmm     macro   label,instr
>            label   instr
>                     mend
>                     mmm     xxx,movlw 10

All excellent additions.

BAJ

--
Byron A. Jeff
Chair: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 07:25:54AM -0400, Byron Jeff wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 09:19:15AM +0200, Borut Ražem wrote:
> > Dear gputils users and developers,
> >
> > here are my plans for gputils in the near future:
> >
> >  * make the gputils 0.14.3 release candidate 1: today
> >      o gputils 0.14.3 will support all pic devices supported by latest
> >        MPASM(X) from MPLAB v1.41
>

> Does this include simulation of all devices too? While assembly and linking
> have kept up well, I've been waiting for gpsim to catch up with the others.

My mistake. I realize now that gpsim is a separate package.

BAJ

--
Byron A. Jeff
Chair: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
http://faculty.clayton.edu/bjeff
> here are my plans for gputils in the near future:
>
>  * make the gputils 0.14.3 release candidate 1: today
>      o gputils 0.14.3 will support all pic devices supported by latest
>        MPASM(X) from MPLAB v1.41
>  * make the gputils 0.14.3 final release if no critical regressions
>    will be found: next weekend
>      o this will be the last release for 0.14.x series
>  * merge the preprocessor branch and make the 0.15.0 release:
>    immediately after the 0.14.3 release
>      o the preprocessor branch already includes fixes for:
>          + defines with parameters, for example:
>
>            #define sum(a, b)    ((a)+(b))
>
>          + improved / multiple / nested #v() handling, for example:
>
>            xxx#v(10)yyy#v(10 + #v(10))
>
>          + improved macro parameters handling:
>
>            mmm     macro   label,instr
>            label   instr
>                     mend
>                     mmm     xxx,movlw 10
>
>  * fix / implement nested WHILE handling and make the gputils 1.0.0
>    release: probably few weeks after the 0.15.0 release
>
> Comments are welcome.
>
> Borut
> how about intergrating gp utils into the arduino  ide( seeing as it
> too is open source?
regards   john

> how about intergrating gp utils into the arduino ide( seeing as it
> too is open source?

For me that would be the antithesis of what gputils is about.

But if you would like to see it, I encourage you to do it yourself!

//Peter
On 23. 10. 2012 09:19, Borut Ražem wrote:
> Dear gputils users and developers,
>
> here are my plans for gputils in the near future:
>
>   * make the gputils 0.14.3 release candidate 1: today
>       o gputils 0.14.3 will support all pic devices supported by
>         latest MPASM(X) from MPLAB v1.41
>   * make the gputils 0.14.3 final release if no critical regressions
>     will be found: next weekend
>       o this will be the last release for 0.14.x series
>   * merge the preprocessor branch and make the 0.15.0 release:
>     immediately after the 0.14.3 release
>       o the preprocessor branch already includes fixes for:
>           + defines with parameters, for example:
>             #define sum(a, b)	((a)+(b))
>           + improved / multiple / nested #v() handling, for example:
>             xxx#v(10)yyy#v(10 + #v(10))
>           + improved macro parameters handling:
>             mmm     macro   label,instr
>             label   instr
>                      mend
>                      mmm     xxx,movlw 10
>   * fix / implement nested WHILE handling and make the gputils 1.0.0
>     release: probably few weeks after the 0.15.0 release
>
> Comments are welcome.
>
> Borut

Thank you very much for your hard work on this -- and Happy New Year!

--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.                 http://pfeifferfamily.net/
1440 Tierra del Sol Dr                         575.525.2764 (H)