nanogui: keyboard layout

Subject: Re: [nanogui] keyboard layout
From: Takács ####@####.####
Date: 12 Sep 2007 14:45:46 +0100

Hi, Greg,

Attached you can find my StrKeysym.c file. The file stub.c is also
modified: row 102 (XRefreshKeyboardMapping...) is not needed here.
Now it is working for me with fltk-1.1.x - except AltGr.
I have implemented XRefreshKeyboardMapping() that loads the kernel
keymap. (This is not an X-compatible implementation of the function: It
doesn't care of the pointer given in the parameter.)
Unless you call XRefreshKeyboardMapping() first, nxlib will use the
original mapping.
I've tried to implement AltGr similarly to Shift but it didn't work, I
don't know why? If somebody could help me in this...
Maybe the solution is not correct, but it works - at least here, for me
:-) I hope that others can use it also.

Regards

Áron Takács

p.s: If somebody has patches for fltk2, please let me know...

> Aron -
>
> First, lets discuss this on the list.
>
> Look at the file drivers/kbd_ttyscan.c to see how
> Microwindows reads in the keymap table, and you
> should be able to make it work from there.
>
> I don't have any new functionality patches for nxlib.  Ask
> the list to see if we can get them, I'll add them to
> CVS.  Otherwise, you can add the stub functions, returning 0
> and start the port from there.  In most cases the functions
> aren't needed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg
>

> thank you for your answer! Now I understand the problem (more or
> less...), but I need some help resolving it.
> The question is how can I read the keymap table from the kernel?
>
> I'd also like to have fltk-utf8 running, but some functions (XOpenIM,
> etc...) are not implemented in nxlib yet. I've read int the mailing
> lists that someone has got fltk2 working. Do you have maybe any patches
> for nxlib? Or could you please help me implement these functions? How
> much work is it?
> Thanks!
>
> Áron

[Content type text/x-c not shown. Download]