nanogui: How to specify the position of of window

Subject: Re: [nanogui] How to specify the position of of window
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jul 2009 19:39:12 -0000

: Example: I want to start the nxkbd. Antoher FLTK-GUI is allready running.
: 1 -> How can I determine where on the screen the new window will occur?
: The default seems to be 0,0

If the nanowm window manager is not running, the x,y coordinates
in the GrNewWindow call will be used to place the window.  If
it is running, then it is usually overridden, and placed starting
at 0,0, and incrementally diagonally down the screen.  See
src/demos/nanowm source for details.  IIRC there's a flag
bit you can set with GrSetWMProperties that tells the
window manager not to relocate the window.

: 2 -> How can I determine if the new window is in foreground of in
: background?

I'm not sure what you mean, foreground vs background.  If you're
talking z-order, the window will be placed on top z-order after
the first GrShowWindow, and remain in user-selected z-order
thereafter.  There's a call to change the z-order as well.  Does
you application care?