nanogui: Re: [linuxce-devel] FLTK Port, list of Win32 functions...

Subject: Re: [linuxce-devel] FLTK Port, list of Win32 functions...
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2000 23:25:45 -0000

Shane, I really appreciate you getting this list of win32
functions done.  Since Microwindows is basically my project,
I'm definitely commited to getting these functions implemented.
I'm assuming that the many other win32 functions not listed
are already implemented by Microwindows (like CreateWindow,
etc)  It might be nice to have the WHOLE list, since there are
also certain aspects of these functions that aren't fully implemented.

I will get a stubbed out version of Microwindows going that you
can link with, and let you know which functions need a little more help.
My idea is to get this going quickly, so the best approach is probably
to get it linking and running, even though it may limp heavily in certain
areas  (like for instance, even if the region code is not fully there for
clipping, then the drawing might not clip fully correctly, but you can
still draw...)

This is quite cool, since there haven't been enough programmers on
the list capable of actually performing a widget set port, so this
is exactly what Microwindows needs, and I want to take advantage
of it (or you ;-)

Please use Microwindows v0.88pre2, which I just posted to the ftp site
last night, it's the latest tree.  I'll produce some stubbed out routines
immediately
that you can use to link against, so that you can at least get a linked version.
You might also think about putting together some _simple_ fltk demos, used
to test the Microwindows win32 implementation.

There will undoubtably be some #ifdefs to the master fltk code, but we'll try
to keep it to a minimum.  I've got to see the whole list of win32 calls that
fltk
makes in order to get a good feel for how it actually draws (note that none
of the unsupported calls that you list here actually draws anything... so we're
in pretty good shape, it seems)