nanogui: QT Port?

Subject: Re: QT Port?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 23 Apr 2000 14:08:40 -0000

NanoGUIers/Microwinders...,

I missed this whole thread, but I just thought I'd toss something in.
I harrased the Troll Tech folks for a while about getting the Win32
based source for usage on Microwindows and they wouldn't even respond
to my requests.  So as was brought up in the thread.., in order to do
a QT port over to Microwindows we would have to either use the NanoGUI
API as entry points, or re-write the Win32 layer for it... yea right!
This would be a very very serious amount of work.  Frankly FLTK is
much smaller and it fits in much better with the concepts of
microwindows.  If your a c++ junkie, then that's the way to go.
Personally I prefer to code in c, but with my Java experience I can
see how it's nice to have a object oriented language for GUI
developement... besides, how cool is fluid?  I mean it's not really
fully developed, but if that app ever gets finished, it's going to be
one awesome RAD tool.  (Generates the best code of any GUI
developement tool I've ever worked with in my life)

Anyhow, contrary to popular belief (:->) I'm still working on the FLTK
port.  But it's been slow going with the other 60 hours of work I have
to do each week.  If anyone wants to help out, I'd be more than happy
to setup all the infrastructure to have multiple developers working on
it simultaneously, but I haven't seen anyone emailing me with either
interest in the port, or interest in helping out.  Which has sort of
been depressing.  (Well, like 1 person asked me when it was going to
be done)

Thanks,
Shane.

(Irregardless of when, the port will be done, and well.)