nanogui: Terminal Emulator

Subject: Re: Terminal Emulator
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Apr 2000 19:51:26 -0000

: while this is a great validation of microwindows, you need a bit more
: to make it useful under WinCE.  Unlike the One True OS, winCE does not
: have a command line telnet app that would make mterm for CE useful ;-(
: still, mterm with full vt-100 will be great for Linux.  The fact that
: WinCE does not come with a telnet still astounds me...

Now, are you talking about having a telnet client that allows you to
telnet to another box from winCE, or are you talking about a telnet
daemon, which allows you to talk to winCE from another box?

I'm suggesting that mterm work under WinCE, which only requires
a command.com or cmd.exe shell, with output redirected to mterm,
where I take take of the scrolling, etc.  Does WinCE have a
cmd.exe?  If not, it would be fairly straightforward to write one,
that basically has a few internal commands, and execs the rest
of the stuff using CreateProcess...  perhaps we should hack
sash.

:
: for the original poster, a quick search on google for "telnet wince" used
: to point to a few bad telnets - all of them on my clio had appalling
: scrolling performace.  ie builtin 300bps emulation over a 11Mbit wavelan!

For scrolling performance you mean that winCE telneted to another
box, but the screen scrolled very slowy..  right?