nanogui: how to return to framebuffer console from mwin?

Subject: Re: how to return to framebuffer console from mwin?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Sep 2000 03:11:50 -0000

: I have one question: How do I return the fb console, where the screen
: was before mwin started.

This is somewhat tricky.  The code that handles this is in
src/drivers/vtswitch.c, and is enabled by the VTSWITCH=Y
config option.  I suggest you take a look at this code, which
relies on a kernel signal being sent when the console
is switched by the kbd driver.  This code is automatically called
when the GsTerminate (MwTerminate) call is made on
Microwindows shutdown.

:
: So far, I have been killing mwin apps by telneting into the box and do a
: manual "kill".  However, that does not bring the console back into the
: original fb console mode.

Yes, there are problems in doing it this way.   I can reset the console
by then running an mwin app and exiting it with an ESC press, which
calls the MwTerminate() code.  You might need to write a small app
that just calls MwInit and then MwTerminate to reset the console buffer,
which uses the vtswitch.c code above.

:
: In addition, if I start next mwin app, such mterm, the keyboard input
: seems lost.

You can't run multiple mwin win32 apps at the present time.  All
apps must be bound into the same "server".  I've been thinking about
a shared library solution to this problem, which would be fairly
straightfwd,
but it would still run all the apps in the same process space.

: Any ideas?
:
: Thanks.
: