nanogui: Bug in srvclip2.c

Subject: Re: Bug in srvclip2.c
From: ####@####.####
Date: 3 Oct 2000 00:35:17 -0000

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Greg Haerr wrote:

> : Here is a patch that fixes a bug in srvclip2.c which caused the user
> : region to be offset by a windows parent and not the current drawing
> : window.
>
> I'll add it to 0.89pre2 which I hope to release in the next or so.
>

> :
> : On another note. I have almost finished a port of Mozilla to Nano-X. But I
> : have run into some problems. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
>
> Wow!  Which widget set are you using?  I am _very_ interested
> in seeing this.  I'd like to see a screen shot, perhaps you
> can try again.
>

> :
> : 1. I need to be able to get a list of font names currently available. This
> : is for the font preferneces in Mozilla
>
> We've been making big strides in font implementation for the
> ViewML project.  Are you running FreeType or Adobe Type 1?
> Which fonts are you currently running, or is everything just
> running based on the basic compiled-in fonts?

To keep it simple, I am currently just using the built in fonts, but as we
get closer to release I will be using the true type fonts.

> I plan on releasing with 0.89pre2 a complete set of 12 truetype
> fonts for Times, Arial and Courier in regular, bold, italic and bolditalic.
> These fonts are free, and are part of Microsoft's web fonts free
> distributable package for browsers.  I plan on getting these fonts
> hooked up into Microwindows.
>
> :
> : and
> :
> : 2. I need to be able to set a timeout value for the GrGetNextEvent
> : function so I can implement the Mozilla timer functionallity. This will
> : enable me to do animated images.
>
> This shouldn't be a big deal.  We should be able to perform
> this fairly easily in the client library, by sticking the timeout
> value passed to select().  Would you like a GR_TIMEOUT
> event passed back when it expires?

What happens is this: Mozilla sets timers for tasks, and in my main loop I
get the timeout value (a struct timeval) for the next timeout function. I
need to block until I get an event from Nano-X, or an event queue (handled
via the FDINPUT) or I timeout. The big thing is that the timeout values
can vary. A GR_TIMEOUT event would be just what I need.

> :
> : When these last requirements are met, the code will be released and free
> : to use under the Mozilla Public License.
>
> Can't wait.  Any chance I can get a preview download for testing?

As soon as all the copyright notices are in place and I get the ok from
my boss I will send you a tarball and instructions.

> Regards,
>
> Greg

Thankyou for your help
Peter Hartshorn