nanogui: Project ideas

Subject: Re: Project Ideas
From: "richard offer" ####@####.####
Date: 12 Oct 2000 18:50:59 -0000

* $ from ####@####.#### at "13-Oct:12:04am" | sed "1,$s/^/* /"
*
* hi all,
*
* I am sorry if i am posting this again.
* We are a group of 3 people and are in search for a 2 month educational and
* reasearch project.
* We found out this microwindows program extremely striking and would like to
* possibly do some work on this platform.
* The primary requirements might be stated as
*
* 1)  Must be finished within 2-3 months time
* 2)  Should primarily involve programming rather than porting
*
* Our primary idea was writing a widget library atop microwindows.But we have
* observed that fltk has been ported for microwindows.
* I would really appreciate it if anybody could suggest a similar idea.

Here's a small but I think useful project...

 Write a 'dialog' equivalent in fltk/microwindows. It can be written from
scratch rather than ported, the only requirement is to have the same syntax as
the base curses program so that it can simply be dropped into existing shell
scripts.

This would give one application that could be used on both X and Nano-X and
would be useful on small distributions to add a nice UI to shell scripts.

Once the base functionality is there, add featues to wrap more FLTK widgets.

*
* Regards,
* Amit Kulkarni
* Visit me at http://amitkulkarni.cjb.net