nanogui: Scancode kbd driver

Subject: Re: Scancode kbd driver
From: ####@####.####
Date: 9 Nov 2000 00:02:55 -0000

Seeing the interest in this product I decided to describe what I have
found of the linux keyboard driver in scan mode.

Key up and key down events are differentiated via the MSB of the
character returned. 1 means key up and 0 means key down. So I do not think
that we can simple map "special" keys (function keys, arrow keys etc) to
128 -> 256. What I was thinking was we have a modifier flag to say this
character is related to a "special" key, and have the application
translate the character to whatever it needs.

For example: I press arrow up, the driver recieves a value of 103, looks
up the table, determines that this is a special character, retrieves the
associated character value from the "special" table, and sets the special
modifier flag to 1. My code then recieves the key event struct, with the
special modifier flag set to 1, it will then convert the character to
whatever it needs for an arrow up.

Does anyone see a problem with this method? As I feel this will reduce the
impact on coding for the engine and nanox/mwin api.

Peter Hartshorn.