nanogui: nanowm & input focus

Subject: Re: nanowm & input focus
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jan 2001 14:58:05 -0000

Amit -
You are facing two problems here.  First, for some reason the window
manager is not selecting on the FOCUS_IN or FOCUS_OUT events that
informs it that the focus was s switched.  Secondly, you are facing the
same parenting problem that we discussed before.  When you change the
focus to W2, the window manager should be informed that a particular
container window lost the focus, and it should be informed as to which
window gained the focus.  However, since the window that is getting the
focus is not a container window, it should be traversing backwards
through the tree until it finds a parent that is also a container, and
then drawing the taskbar accordingly.

Check the nano-X code and see how the GR_EVENT_TYPE_FOCUS_IN and
GR_EVENT_TYPE_FOCUS_OUT events work, and that should help you determine
how the nanowm should be configured.

Jordan

When thAmit Kulkarni wrot