nanogui: CoPilot running under MicroWindows?

Subject: Re: CoPilot running under MicroWindows?
From: Robert Hartley ####@####.####
Date: 13 Feb 2001 18:04:53 -0000

Jordan,

That would be really, really cool!

I had a buddy of mine tell me that running anything besides a Palm was "dumb"
because it has all the applications, but I disagreed with him and bought some
MIPS based PDAs anyways, since I knew they ran Linux.  I asked if him if he
had anything against Unix type OSs running on MIPS chips, but he kept quiet
for a minute.... he works for SGI.  :)

I am thinking now that it is a good thing for us that the Palm is built in
such slow hardware, since emulation will not be as bad.

On the same note, we have a customer building software that goes into some
military applications:
It was originally written years ago in 'C' and assembler and ran on an M68K
platform, but with a an upgrade to a faster new RS6000 PowerPC platform, they
find that it is actually quicker running under emulation than the orignal was
in the first place.

Rob