nanogui: X11 Mode Hang On Exit

Subject: X11 Mode Hang On Exit
From: Gary James ####@####.####
Date: 12 Apr 2001 04:32:16 -0000

I've noticed an ocasional problem while running in X11 mode. Ocassionally
nano-X hangs after I press the break key. When it hangs it starts sucking
up about 97% of my CPU (according to "top -s").

Until tonight I've always seen this when running nano-X and an application
seperately. The last few days I've been running with my application linked
to the nano-X library. And I just noticed the problem with the two pieces
linked together. So I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the
client/server socket interface.

I'm not too good with GDB yet, but I was able to attach to the running
process and get a stack trace. Here's what I saw...

.. my apps functions ...
GrMainLoop()
GrGetNextEvent()
GrGetNextEventTimeout()
GsSelect()
GsCheckMouseEvent()
GdReadMouse()
X11_Read()
XCheckMaskEvent()
_XEventsQueued()
_X11TransBytesReadable()
??()
__ioctl()

I didn't have much luck stepping through anything. I didn't have
Microwindows built with debugging enabled tonight.

Does anybody have any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
Gary James
http://home.twcny.rr.com/embedded