nanogui: Timer Event Patch for Nano-X

Subject: Timer Event Patch for Nano-X
From: Gary James ####@####.####
Date: 8 May 2001 07:13:09 -0000

I really miss not having an OnTimer event in nano-X.

I've made some modifications to allow creating periodic timers in nano-X
applications. There are two new functions in the nano-X API GrCreateTimer()
and GrDestroyTimer(). When you create a timer you specify a window ID and a
timeout period. You can have more than one timer per window. A
GR_TIMER_EVENT will be generated every time the timer period expires.

In order to make this work I also modified the timer code in the device
independent layer so that it could support periodic timers. I added a
function GsAddPeriodicTimer() to add a periodic timer in this layer. When
you add a periodic timer it will keep firing every timeout milliseconds.
The timer will not destroy itself after one firing.

I'll send the patch to Greg. If anyone else is interested, you can get the
patch here: http://home.twcny.rr.com/embedded/microwin/patches.html

Gary James
http://home.twcny.rr.com/embedded/