nanogui: How to create rounded rectangle and dotted lines ?

Subject: Re: How to create rounded rectangle and dotted lines ?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 18 May 2001 18:47:31 -0000

: I'm trying to find if there is a way to create rounded rectangles and
dotted lines using nano-X

Ah, the old round-rect and dotted lines problem, heh?
I'll bet you're trying to get a focus rectangle.

I have planned for rounded rectangles in Nano-X for
some time, but hadn't quite finished them.  I did implement
them for win32 however, and the routines use the same
engine region routines already in nano-X.  Take a
look at CreateRoundRect in src/mwin/winrgn.c, you
should be able to port that to Nano-X in an hour or
so.  (You could choose to run this as user code,
calling the GrXXX region routines, or put it in
nanox/srvfunc.c and call the GdXXX region routines.)

Dotted lines are another problem that really isn't
part of the current engine code.  My suggestion is to
code up a special dotted line round rect by using
the above suggestion, and adding a pixel-skip hack
in order to get the focus rect.

I have in the back of my mind some ideas for dotted
line drawing and wide lines, but it's been lower priority.