nanogui: nano-X 0.6

Subject: RE: nano-X 0.6
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jun 1999 17:10:58 -0000

: There is no Nano-X 0.6 yet. 0.5pre3 is the latest development release.
: Greg apparently has a large set of changes which for some reason he is
: calling Nano-X-0.6, but he hasn't sent anything to me for inclusion for
: several weeks.
:

	I am sorry about all the name confusion that's taking place with nano.
Over a month ago, Alex said that he wanted more stable versions of nano.  So I stopped
sending in my changes.  I have kept my own log of changes since then.  I will release all
this when Alex's code is stable.  Following is my changelog, which are just my changes
to nano, *not* official releases, whatever that is.

Version 0.8 - 15th June 1999 - ####@####.####
	* added color bitmap support
	* wrote windows bmp file converter
	* drawing color bitmaps in 1, 4 and 8 bpp supported
	* added support for loading partial palettes
	* added MakePaletteConversionTable function
	* implemented optimized window redraw algorithms during window moves
	* added child window support
	* wrote button control
	* added more sophisticated focus routines on create/destroy
	* added support for type 1 and type 2 line drawing requests in GdLine
	* added multiple window color schemes
Version 0.7 - 8th June 1999 - ####@####.####
	* created new win32 api: Micro-Win
	* created window manager and overlapped window border drawcode
	* added software cursor structure to device layer
	* changed nano-x and micro-win color model to RGB for user programs
	* added setpalette driver entry point, 16 and 256 color std palettes
	* fixed console refresh bug for BOGL
	* fixed expose bug bad return;
	* fixed ELKS cols,rows bug in scr_bios.c
	* disallow console switching for ELKS while in graphics mode
	* added EGAMODE and CHARHEIGHT environment variables for ELKS/DOS
Version 0.6 - 23rd May 1999 - ####@####.####
	* Updated bugs from new mini-x distribution
	* Wrote int33 mouse driver for dos
	* Wrote a portable vga 4 plane driver for dos, elks
	* Updated dos driver to support XOR,AND,OR draw modes
	* Wrote routines for ELKS port, compiled with bcc
		uses new serial mouse driver, vga 4 plane driver and bios kbd
	* Added check for FRAMEBUFFER environment variable for /dev/fbX open
	* Added clipped text output routines, using bitmaps
	* Added GetCharBits device driver entry point, removed DrawText
	* Added new nano-X font format, wrote conversion programs to
		convert bdf fonts and PC ROM bios fonts.  There is no longer
		any dependency on the BOGL font structure.  Any number
		of fonts are supported.  Fonts use min 16 bits/scanline.
		Convbdf and convrom.exe are included.
	* Created rom 8x16, 8x16 fonts.
	* Entire nano-X can run on only drawpixel and readpixel if required
	* Documented scr_bogl.c (bogl), and scr_bios.c (bios) drivers.
	* Ported world program to 16 bit systems
	* Added pc, microsoft and logitech direct serial driver mouse support
	* Wrote SVGAlib screen driver, will now run on *any* linux system,
		not just v2.x framebuffer systems.  scr_svga.c.
	* Nano-X is now completely self contained, if desired, in that
		there are hw drivers for screen, mouse, and keyboard
		that don't require other software to be running
Version 0.5 - 18th May 1999 - ####@####.####
	* Rewrote cursor routines
	* Separated mouse from cursor routines
	* Removed DrawCursor from device driver
	* Added ReadPixel to device driver
	* Made demo programs work with cursor changes
	* Added polygon draw and fill routines
	* Added area pixel reading/writing, removed 8-bit limit for colors
	* Reworked color model
	* Added direct hardware 640x480x16 support for VGA real mode systems
	* Made api backwards compatible with mini-x
	* Ported mini-x world demo program to examples library