nanogui: Powerful controls (was: RE: [nanogui] nanox not working for framebuffer)

Subject: Powerful controls (was: RE: [nanogui] nanox not working for framebuffer)
From: Julian Smart ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jul 2001 10:15:20 -0000

At 02:35 PM 7/10/01 +0900, ??? wrote:
>Does anyone ever heard about developing powerful controls for Microwindows?
>We need some grid controls. list controls which can handle mouse clicks
>and double mouse clicks for microwindows.
>Grid controls that you can define many properties rows, columns up/down
>scrolls right/left scrolls...

When the port of wxWindows to MicroWindows is done (see
http://www.wxwindows.org/wxuniv.htm), most controls from wxWindows should
work, and that includes a grid control, list control, tree control,
splitter windows, notebooks, and lots of other useful stuff (see the
wxWindows reference manual for the several hundred classes available).
Initially, the port will be to the WIN32 API which will limit it to 1 app
running under MicroWindows at a time, but one can imagine a port to plain X
and Nano-X: the widgets will all be the generic/'universal' ones. Such a
port could lift a large quantity of the code from wxWindows for Motif,
since the drawing code is mostly Xlib calls. Alternatively, perhaps someone
can contribute code to marshalling the WIN32 API across process boundaries :-)

Any help on this effort would be welcome: the port so far is in the
wxWindows CVS trunk, and there are instructions in the docs/microwin
directory. The next step is probably to get wxImage to wxBitmap conversion
(and vice-versa) working, since this is used quite a lot in wxWindows.

Note: this is a spare-time effort I'm contributing to, and not currently
endorsed by Red Hat.

Regards,

Julian
--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063