nanogui: Are we allowed to mandate GrFlush()?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Are we allowed to mandate GrFlush()?
From: Steven Stadnicki ####@####.####
Date: 7 Aug 2001 15:57:42 -0000

Jordan Crouse wrote:

> In any case, a GrFlush would be probably unnessesary, as a simple program
> wouldn't really care if there are a few microseconds between drawing
> operations, and the buffered programs would have already taken it all into
> consideration.

Well, if it were only a few microseconds then I would agree; the problem is
that
the copy operation from the draw buffer to the screen buffer is a little more
involved
than just a copy (I can't really get into the details, unfortunately, for IP
reasons)
and whenever it's called it may take many milliseconds to do -- so I really
don't
want to invoke it on every graphics operation, which is why I want to do it
during
the GrFlush() call, if I'm allowed to demand that the user make that call.

Steven Stadnicki