nanogui: nano-X 0.6

Subject: RE: nano-X 0.6
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jun 1999 21:36:25 -0000

On Wednesday, June 23, 1999 11:15 AM, Alex Holden ####@####.#### wrote:
: On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Greg Haerr wrote:
: > 	Attached is my latest cut of nano-X.  This includes all the fixes
:
: I grabbed it from the ftp site and was about to mail you to say I'd got it
: immediately before I recieved this mail ;)
:
: > up through yesterday for compiling and running under ELKS.  You might
: > want to post this file unchanged under nano-X.0.61gh.tar.gz, as well
: > as of course work on integrating it into your changes.
:
: How about if you put that and other things like it in some directory on
: your server, and I'll set up a cron job to mirror it every night to
: ftp.linuxhacker.org/pub/microwindows/ ? I'm going to stay late tonight,
: get the CVS set up, and start integrating it.
:
: > uses, and we need to think about whether we want that or not.  The RGB
: > color model mods are included in the version that I've posted with the
: > micro-windows project, however.
:
: Yes, I'm not really sure what to do about the colours. There seem to be
: two main possible ways:
: * The clients ask the server how many bits of colour depth the display has
: and thenceforth simply supply the relevant sized colour words.
: * The clients always talk RGB and the server converts it to whatever it is
: using at the time.
: The first one makes the server more lightweight, and slightly reduces the
: network bandwidth if you're running the server in a low bit depth, but the
: client or widget set has to be more complex. X seems to use a much more
: complex model where an application can request different colour maps and
: things, but I don't think we want to support that level of complexity.
:
: > 	I would also like your comments as to the look and feel of microwindows.
: > Why don't you download it and try it out.  It runs on cfb8 framebuffer, so you
: > shouldn't have any problems...
:
: I did download it, and I did have problems. It appears to clear
: about 3/4 of the screen to black, and then segfaults (in a memset()
: operation, I'm not quite sure where because GDB wouldn't behave). I'm
: running an 8bpp framebuffer, and tried various screen sizes between
: 640x480 and 1600x1200. I haven't tried your Nano-X yet to see whether the
: problem is in there or in microwindows, I'll do that later tonight. Also,
: I had to change the bit in graph3d.h where you include tgmath.h instead
: of math.h on *nix systems (math.h is fine on every Linux system I've
: worked with, but I've never seen a tgmath.h).
:

Does anybody have any input as to libc changes lately for Linux?

My system has tgmath.h which defines sin() and cos().  math.h
doesn't define them.

Other systems have math.h that define sin() and cos().

My 3d graphics package for micro-windows requires trig functions,
but it appears that the headers are changing....