nanogui: Periodic Timer Bug, Thanks Alex

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Periodic Timer Bug, Thanks Alex
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 11 Feb 2002 10:09:03 -0000

Gary James wrote:
> I missed you before you went to bed (IRC) last night Alex. That sounds like
> something that I caused (periodic timers) thanks for catching it. I hope I
> didn't trash too much of your time.

No problem. Some of the problems I was having was a bug in the test
programs I wrote (selecting for a TIMEOUT event instead of a TIMER
event). I've got rid of GdAddPeriodicTimer() and added a "periodic"
boolean to GdAddTimer() instead (since the two functions were almost
exactly the same as each other), and I've modified GrCreateTimer() to
also take a "periodic" boolean (so you can set one shot timers from the
client as well as periodic ones). I also made two demo programs to test
and demonstrate the use of the functions. The bug I referred to above
was that when a client exited, the timers associated with it were not
being destroyed so they just kept on periodically firing in the kernel.
I also added the documentation for the calls in client.c and generally
tidied up the code to conform to the same style as the rest of Microwindows.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer