nanogui: Thread: Nano-X-0.5pre2

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Nano-X-0.5pre2
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 19 May 1999 18:06:49 -0000

Since I promised I'd release a 0.5pre2 today, I've put one up in the usual
place. Beware that it's not for the faint of heart though, as there are a
lot of rough edges yet. Most of what I've been working on isn't in there,
as it isn't finished yet, but here's the basic changelog:

        * Rearranged the directory structure.
        * Wrote a new build system for UNIX.
        * Merged in the latest Bogl library (VGA16 works again now).
        * Broke various things.

The broken things include readpixel(), which I haven't put back because
I'm rewriting it in a different way, and the DOS build system, as I don't
understand the makefile format.

Hopefully pre3 will fix or implement more things than it breaks ;)

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :
-------------------- http://www.linuxhacker.org/ --------------------

> I'm rewriting it in a different way, and the DOS build system, as I don't
> understand the makefile format.

	Basically, it would be nice to maintain the DOS stuff, and if
you've reworked the directory structure, just find the old drivers\ string
in the makefile, and change it to your new name.  If you've renamed files,
just change the name in mcnano.mak.

> Hopefully pre3 will fix or implement more things than it breaks ;)
>
> --------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
> : Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :

Of course. Don't worry, just pretend I never released pre2 if you're all
that bothered, it'll be fixed properly in pre3.

> 	Basically, it would be nice to maintain the DOS stuff, and if
> you've reworked the directory structure, just find the old drivers\ string
> in the makefile, and change it to your new name.  If you've renamed files,
> just change the name in mcnano.mak.

I'll try.