nanogui: Thread: Nano-X-0.5pre3

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: Nano-X-0.5pre3
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 21 May 1999 17:27:52 -0000

0.5pre3 is up in the usual place. This just adds readpixel() to the
generic colour framebuffer and vga16 drivers and fixes the text position
bug again (the latter is a bit of a hack). I have only tested the new
colour framebuffer readpixel() in 8 bpp mode, as none of the other depths
seem to work at all on the NetWinder. I've ordered a new graphics card for
my PC, so I should be able to tell whether it's a NetWinder specific
problem or not. The demos still don't work perfectly, I think because of
the lack of any drawing modes except for SET. I still think this is best
done at the driver level (bogl), but it looks like there is going to have
to be some major recoding done soon to support all the features we want.

The new networking stuff isn't in there because it still isn't ready for
primetime yet. I'm going to have to do some serious revision over the
weekend for an exam on Monday, so this'll probably be the last release
until at least Tuesday evening.

I've also been working on a new keyboard driver for Linux which reads the
modifiers and control keys, and a new mouse driver which doesn't require
GPM to be running. Both are based to some extent on those in libgii...

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :