nanogui: Thread: ELKS port of nano-X ready

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: ELKS port of nano-X ready
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 24 May 1999 17:52:59 -0000

Al,
	I have completed all the work that I can for the ELKS port of nano-X.
We now have all the sources completely compiling on ELKS.  I have written
all the assembly routines for ELKS.  I have a serial port mouse driver
written that supports MS, PC and logitech mice.  A keyboard driver that reads
/dev/tty.  An EGA/VGA driver that uses int10 to set the graphics and text modes,
read the rom character font, and direct hardware access for all graphics stuff.

We're ready to rock and roll!  All the routines have been tested on other operating
systems.  DOS was used to test the EGA/VGA hardware driver.  Linux was
used to test the serial direct mouse driver.  The serial routines are termios based.

The makefile completely builds and links the project (44k), except that
I don't have the declaration for select() in libc.

If you can take this and declare select(), this should compile and run
with no other modifications....

Let me know if you want the tarball...

Greg
> 	I have completed all the work that I can for the ELKS port of nano-X.
> We now have all the sources completely compiling on ELKS.  I have written
> all the assembly routines for ELKS.  I have a serial port mouse driver
> written that supports MS, PC and logitech mice.  A keyboard driver that reads
> /dev/tty.  An EGA/VGA driver that uses int10 to set the graphics and text modes,
> read the rom character font, and direct hardware access for all graphics stuff.
>
> We're ready to rock and roll!  All the routines have been tested on other operating
> systems.  DOS was used to test the EGA/VGA hardware driver.  Linux was
> used to test the serial direct mouse driver.  The serial routines are termios based.
>
> The makefile completely builds and links the project (44k), except that
> I don't have the declaration for select() in libc.
>
> If you can take this and declare select(), this should compile and run
> with no other modifications....
>
> Let me know if you want the tarball...
>
> Greg

Luke(Boo) Farrar.