nanogui: Thread: Re: NewBie Question : nanogui with Visual C++ ???]

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: [Fwd: Re: NewBie Question : nanogui with Visual C++ ???]
From: Yuval Yosef ####@####.####
Date: 24 Aug 1999 21:37:46 -0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: NewBie Question : nanogui with Visual C++ ???
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:46:48 +0300
From: Yuval Yosef ####@####.####
To: ####@####.#### ####@####.####

IMHO
{

	The idea is simple, I'd like to develop it with an IDE that i know well
!!!
	you see Greg me & a lot of other programmers won't to contribute to the
Linux
	community, but at the time we(the one's who didn't grow on native
EMACS)
	are having a real psychological obstacle and that's the lack of a
normal IDE.

	Yap it's true linux is installed, and even kdevelop install is planned.
	but none of us no matter how good/bad programmer is. I do not thing
that i should
	spend my time over editing make files, and invest time on EMACS short
cuts,
	or compile Link from the command line.

	I'm well aware that we should but man, I wish i can do it gradually.

	So this is the story, allot of us Win programmers hate MS more than
you,
	specialy GUI, and i think allot of us will move To GTK+ C++ binding &
Qt.
	you can leverage your number of programmers by giving them a slow
learning curve
	Develop under windows & than port to Linux / whatever.

	It's as simple as that, and that's the only way you'll have desktop/GUI
projects
	accepted by a wide range of programmers.

}
	Yuval