nanogui: Thread: Status?

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: RE: Status?
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 7 Sep 1999 19:55:21 -0000

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Vidar Hokstad wrote:
> I've taken a look at that, and I'm debating whether I should try to
> complete it, or write something along the same line (I have some ideas
> that should be about as flexible, but save quite a few function calls,
> as well as use less memory).

Can you post more details?

> Have you two discussed any merging of the trees?

Yes, I was going to merge Greg's changes into the CVS tree, but I only got
part way before work got on top of me again. I would have preferred to
have done it incrementally (lots of small understandable patches instead
of "Here's my code. It has so many changes in it since I last sent you
a patch that you may as well throw away your own tree and use mine
instead"), but I still think it's worth merging greg's tree into mine
(with the new build system, and the seperate Bogl library) rather than the
other way around.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Vidar Hokstad wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Greg Haerr wrote:
> > 	I think the best way to go for nano-X would be the approach I took
> > for MicroWindows.
> I'm not sure I agree with this. X is fairly complex compared to what it
> should be possible to run Mozilla on.

I agree. X is a very large, complex API. I think we should just extend the
Nano-X API as much as is needed, and avoid the more complex parts of X.