nanogui: Thread: Cleaning up the source trees

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 3 [>] [>>]
Subject: Cleaning up the source trees
From: "Vidar Hokstad" ####@####.####
Date: 28 Sep 1999 08:28:27 -0000

Hi everyone :)

I'm finally reading mail again, and catching up on NanoGUI...

First of all: We need to get the source tree issue sorted out.
I sit here now with Nano-X-0.5pre3, Nano-X-0.61gh, and Microwindows 0.83

Before you ask, 0.61gh is AFAIK just an older version of what became
Microwindows, (Greg, correct me if I'm wrong, please :) and I'll be
using it only because it might be easier to reconcile parts of that
with Nano-X.0.5pre3 and go from there.

I'll be comparing them file by file, line by line, and start creating
patches.

This is what I'll look for:
   - I'll fix the bugs I've found.
   - I'll look into some minor feature enhancements, with patches against
      both NanoX and MicroWindows.
   - In the case of small differences between the two, I'll suggest patches
      to one or the other, or both, to reconcile the differences
   - I'll suggest some reorganization of files to bring the trees close.
   - I'll attempt to document the remaining changes, so that we can discuss
      how we want to proceed with any big changes.

What I'd like, though, is that anyone else out there with extra time on
their hands look over the versions mentioned above, and start suggesting
improvements, and even better: post patches.

I'll start sending my patches by Alex and Greg soon, hopefully later today,
and smaller patches may be Cc:'d to the list. Hopefully we can resolve
this soon now - it's holding back development.

Regards,
Vidar Hokstad
Screen Media