nanogui: Thread: Pixmaps?

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Pixmaps?
From: Steven Ness ####@####.####
Date: 28 Sep 1999 23:43:38 -0000

Is anyone working on pixmap support for 0.61gh?  I want to implement them,
and don't want to duplicate any work being done.

Also, if anyone knows of any "gotcha's" that I'll run into, input would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven
####@####.####

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:36:47 -0700 (PDT) you wrote:

>Is anyone working on pixmap support for 0.61gh?  I want to implement them,
>and don't want to duplicate any work being done.
>
>Also, if anyone knows of any "gotcha's" that I'll run into, input would be
>appreciated.

There is support for 1,4 and 8 bits per pixel pixmaps in the Microwindows
code (GdDrawImage() in devdraw.c). It depends on Greg's palette code.
Yet another reason to get the 0.5pre3 release and the Microwindows code
merged together.

Vidar
: >Is anyone working on pixmap support for 0.61gh?  I want to implement them,
: >and don't want to duplicate any work being done.
: >
:
: There is support for 1,4 and 8 bits per pixel pixmaps in the Microwindows
: code (GdDrawImage() in devdraw.c). It depends on Greg's palette code.
: Yet another reason to get the 0.5pre3 release and the Microwindows code
: merged together.
:
	I plan on supporting off-screen drawables in a future release, but
there are some major architectural changes that need to be performed.  Currently,
Vidar is correct, and we can draw pixmaps from an internal representation to the
screen.  It would be fairly easy to add 24/32 bit pixmap support.  (32 bit pixmaps
aren't small, however...)