nanogui: Thread: NanoWidgets v0.2 release

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: NanoWidgets v0.2 release
From: "Vidar Hokstad" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 1999 15:28:10 -0000

I've just put up v0.2 of my widget set on
ftp://ftp.linuxhacker.org/pub/nanogui/NanoWidgets/nanowidgets-0.2.tgz

Short summary of changes:

   - Started adding support for "rendering objects", that should,
      ideally, handle all rendering of widgets, to make the widget
      set instantly themable.
   - Moved the textfield widget into it's own file
   - Started adding a listview widget (not anywhere near usable yet)
   - Cleaned up the look, so that instead of the ugly debug-only
      look, it now has a simple 3D look.
   - Fixed some of the cursor placement code for the text field.
   - Now uses MODE_XOR and rely on text clipping for the text field,
      to reduce code complexity, and make it behave nicer.
   - Added the changes Greg did for his MicroWindows 0.84 release,
      using a cleaner font if compiled as part of the Microwindows
      release, and also added the Makefile changes from Greg.

This is a drop in replacement for the "src/nwidget directory in
Microwindows 0.84.

Regards,
Vidar Hokstad ####@####.####
VP of R&D, ####@####.####
Screen Media AS
:    - Cleaned up the look, so that instead of the ugly debug-only
:       look, it now has a simple 3D look.

	Geez, and I just made screenshots of the old look and feel ;-)
	[actually, I can't wait to see what it looks like]

:    - Now uses MODE_XOR and rely on text clipping for the text field,
:       to reduce code complexity, and make it behave nicer.

	Glad to see someone using the XOR mods

: This is a drop in replacement for the "src/nwidget directory in
: Microwindows 0.84.

	I appreciate that.  I'll take a look tonight

gh