nanogui: Thread: very interesting developments for Gtk+/Gdk

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: very interesting developments for Gtk+/Gdk
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 11 Oct 1999 05:12:35 -0000

Brad,
    I thought you should check out this url:

http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/

This fellow has ported Gdk and Gtk+ to native win32.  This means that, possibly
without a hell of alot of work, all the cool X stuff like GIMP and GNOME programs
could be run on top of Microwindows, and on the LinuxCE RISC platforms!

I was earlier thinking that Microwindows' next major work should be in implementing
Xlib so that we could port Gdk.  But now it looks like we might be able to skip
that work and still get all the GTK+/GDK programs, in addition to all the Win32
and WinCE programs.

Check it out and tell me what you think.  I'll be checking the source code
as soon as I get into my work's faster internet connection.