nanogui: Thread: new version of nano-X/microwindows

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: new version of nano-X/microwindows
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 1999 17:28:29 -0000

I've completed another version of nano-X/microwindows that takes
care of most of the last two week's concerns on this list.

Version 0.84 is now available at
	ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.84.tar.gz

Thanks to Brad LaRonde and Vidar Hokstad for input and changes for this release.

The major changes in this release are:

	o completely support client/server model for nano-X programs.
	o integration of truecolor support (thanks Brad)
	o integration of nanoWidgets (thanks Vidar)
	o support cross-compilation for MIPS linuxCE project (thanks Brad)
	o integrated bug fixes from nano-X-0.5pre3

For those with truecolor systems, it would be nice to check this version
out, since I still can't run with truecolor.  This version also compiles and runs
the complete nanoWidget set from Vidar with a single toplevel make, so
you all can check out what's new there.  There are quite a few bug fixes
with the client/server networking code, many calls didn't previously work.
The make defaults to client/server builds now, although the linked application
model can be built with a switch for debugging.

Attached is the ChangeLog for this release

Version 0.84 - 3rd October 1999 - ####@####.####
	* integrated Vidar's nanoWidgets 0.1, changed color constants
	* integrated Brad LaRonde's MIPS LinuxCE port cross-compile changes
	* integrated Alex's nano-X-0.5pre3 changes except dir/filename changes
	* added support for 8 to 32 bit truecolor systems
	* reorganized Makefile for nanoX and linked/non-linked nano-X servers
	* reorganized Makefiles for gcc, bcc and other compilers
	* reorganized nano-X.h header file for client programs
	* fixed GrSetGCFont,GrGetGCTextSize,ReadArea,Area client/server bugs
	* fix bug in nanoX network select code for client attach
	* workaround for GrGetNextEvent in nanoX client lib
	* wrote asm version of VGA driver for ELKS
	* added optimized herc hline routine from ####@####.####
	* added contributed terminal emulator demo for nano-X,
		(from Alistair Riddoch, requires linked server)

Greg

Excellent!  I will look at it right away.  Thanks Greg.

Regards,
Brad

> I've completed another version of nano-X/microwindows that takes
> care of most of the last two week's concerns on this list.
>
> Version 0.84 is now available at
> ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.84.tar.gz
>
> Thanks to Brad LaRonde and Vidar Hokstad for input and changes for this
release.

> The major changes in this release are:
>
> o completely support client/server model for nano-X programs.
> o integration of truecolor support (thanks Brad)
> o integration of nanoWidgets (thanks Vidar)
> o support cross-compilation for MIPS linuxCE project (thanks Brad)
> o integrated bug fixes from nano-X-0.5pre3
>
> For those with truecolor systems, it would be nice to check this version
> out, since I still can't run with truecolor.  This version also compiles
and runs
> the complete nanoWidget set from Vidar with a single toplevel make, so
> you all can check out what's new there.  There are quite a few bug fixes
> with the client/server networking code, many calls didn't previously work.
> The make defaults to client/server builds now, although the linked
application
> model can be built with a switch for debugging.
>
> Attached is the ChangeLog for this release
>
> Version 0.84 - 3rd October 1999 - ####@####.####
> * integrated Vidar's nanoWidgets 0.1, changed color constants
> * integrated Brad LaRonde's MIPS LinuxCE port cross-compile changes
> * integrated Alex's nano-X-0.5pre3 changes except dir/filename changes
> * added support for 8 to 32 bit truecolor systems
> * reorganized Makefile for nanoX and linked/non-linked nano-X servers
> * reorganized Makefiles for gcc, bcc and other compilers
> * reorganized nano-X.h header file for client programs
> * fixed GrSetGCFont,GrGetGCTextSize,ReadArea,Area client/server bugs
> * fix bug in nanoX network select code for client attach
> * workaround for GrGetNextEvent in nanoX client lib
> * wrote asm version of VGA driver for ELKS
> * added optimized herc hline routine from ####@####.####
> * added contributed terminal emulator demo for nano-X,
> (from Alistair Riddoch, requires linked server)
>
> Greg

Would be nice if you had some screenshots of nano-X/microwindows running !

 /H\j HPLX SG70900338                ####@####.####
(=U=) ####@####.####                         55-11-3741-3510
 '-'  C/C++ PL/SQL                  Sistema Empresa / SIAL 2000

:
	Yes, it would be.  Sometime ago this was discussed on this list,
and IIRC, all that had to be done was that /dev/fb0 was read to get the
bits, and then they need to be written out in some bitmap format...  Perhaps
that should be tonight's project...  Or are there any volunteers?

Greg