nanogui: Thread: A small request

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: A small request
From: Quinn D Weaver ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 1999 15:38:09 -0000

It sounds like Vidar and co. are leaning heavily toward MPL, for a number
of well-considered reasons.  Guys, if you decide to go that route, would
you please dual-license the code under GPL?  I can see a number of
situations where free projects would be hurt by not being able to combine
GPL'ed code with nano* code.

Thanks,
--Quinn

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:31:22 -0500 (EST) you wrote:
>It sounds like Vidar and co. are leaning heavily toward MPL, for a number
>of well-considered reasons.  Guys, if you decide to go that route, would
>you please dual-license the code under GPL?  I can see a number of
>situations where free projects would be hurt by not being able to combine
>GPL'ed code with nano* code.

I agree with that, and I'd be happy to dual license the widget set and
any modifications I release.

Regards,
Vidar
> It sounds like Vidar and co. are leaning heavily toward MPL, for a number
> of well-considered reasons.  Guys, if you decide to go that route, would
> you please dual-license the code under GPL?  I can see a number of
> situations where free projects would be hurt by not being able to combine
> GPL'ed code with nano* code.
>
> Thanks,
> --Quinn

I agree with Quinn.  I am working on a few GPL projects and would like to
combine them with the nanocode.  MPL & GPL code doesn't mix very well, at least
from my interpretation.

Robert

Long live King Ralf.  Long live the one eyed fruit bat.  Long live the killer of
fuzzy bunnies.  Long live the humper of hairy legs.  Long live Nice Puppy.
	--excerpt from nothing.