nanogui: Thread: Some q's

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Some q's
From: "Thomas Stewart" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Nov 1999 08:38:52 -0000

A few q's:-

1. A while back I remember someone talking about driving LCD's, Can Linux
drive LCD's well? Where can I get some info on this?

2. I was thinking of writing a support pakage for the herc card (opening,
closing, lines, etc) that works on 3 platforms (Linux, ELks, MSDOS). The
main reason for doing this is to get some practace at coding in C, and i
want to use my herc card more. I started off and have got a lot done. One
thing though, I realised that I dont have any routiens to use ports or write
to memory.

Do I have to make these by hand?
Is there a header file I can include to get these functions?
Can I just use the "/src/drives/utils.c" out of the microwin project? greg?

anyway, sorry if this question is too easy to answer, I am new to linux
programing (and programming in general)

tom

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Thomas Stewart wrote:
> 1. A while back I remember someone talking about driving LCD's, Can Linux
> drive LCD's well? Where can I get some info on this?

http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :