nanogui: Thread: Microwindows 0.87pre2 released

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Microwindows 0.87pre2 released
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Dec 1999 18:47:50 -0000

I've completed adding a number of submissions to the
latest Microwindows available for pre-release testing at:

    ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.87pre2.tar.gz

This prelease adds the following items contributed, and is mostly for testing,
to make sure I added everything correctly:

    o portrait mode driver by Martin Jolicoeur
    o rtems operating system port by Rosimildo daSilva
    o patches to run on big endian machines
    o nano-X movewindow fixes for child windows
    o microwindows mterm pty fixes under X11

I'm especially interested in whether the portrait mode
and rtems stuff work well.  There's still a small bug
in portrait mode, and the mouse driver doesn't yet
swap y and x values, so it's pretty wild running
it on the desktop!  I don't have rtems installed, so I
haven't actually compiled the rtems special routines.
(BTW, the rtems port is the first bare-hardware
non-bios protected mode port of Microwindows;
it uses direct vga programming and an interrupt
driven serial port, now included in the source)

Please send bug reports and contributions to myself
or this list, and thanks alot for all the contributions!