nanogui: Thread: FLTK Port, list of Win32 functions...

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: FLTK Port, list of Win32 functions...
From: ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2000 21:54:21 -0000

NanoGUIer's, and linuxce'ers,
In order to complete the FLTK port to microwindows we will need the
folowing Win32 functions implemented in microwindows.  Anyone is free
to lend a hand in the port.  Greg has already done some work on some
of these functions (specifically regions), so you should check with
him before starting work on anything in specific.  I'm finishing up
some more proprietary aspects of the FLTK win32 operation, but if
you'd like to help out in implementing one of these functions please
send me or Greg an email.  If you'd like information on how to build
fltk with microwindows send me an email, and I'll send you
instructions and my build files.  (Once we're further along I'll setup
a website, etc.)

Thanks,
Shane..

Here is the list:  (Also, for each you need to insert all the
constants and structures that are needed, there is only about two more
structures that have to be implemented in microwindows.  If you'd like
all the function prototypes, send me an email, and I'll forward them
to you.)

CreateRectRgn
GetRgnBox
CombinRgn
InvalidateRgn
GetUpdateRgn
ValidateRgn
SelectClipRgn
EqualRgn
CreateBitMap
SetAlignText
SelectPalette
OpenClipboard
EmptyClipboard
GlobalAlloc
GlobalLock
GlobalUnlock
CloseClipboard
GetClipboardData
GetKeyState
GetKeyboardState
PeekMessage
SystemParametersInfo
GetCursorPos
GetAsyncKeyState
SetCursor
UpdateColors
GetSystemMetrics
SetWindowPos
LoadIcon
LoadCursor
RegisterClassEx
IsIconic
OpenIcon
BringWindowToTop

This is pretty much all of them.  The other problems are not specific
to Win32 GUI, but other issues which I'll be taking care of next week.
If there is any functionality that cannot be replicated I'll be
implementing work arrounds in the code of fltk.  Once again anyone
whos been complaining about not having a widget set... this is your
chance to help it become reality :).  Microsofts Developer site is a
good resource, as well as the ones that Greg mentioned the otherday,
wine, twin, and I can't remember the third.  In any event, I'm
commited to doing this port, so whatever isn't implemented elsewhere
I'll start taking care of once I've finished the more proprietary
issues in fltk.

Thanks,
Shane.