nanogui: Thread: Re: [linuxce-devel] Re: FLTK Port, list of Win32 functions...

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Re: [linuxce-devel] Re: FLTK Port, list of Win32 functions...
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2000 23:37:01 -0000

: > CreateRectRgn
: > GetRgnBox
: > CombinRgn
: > InvalidateRgn
: > GetUpdateRgn
: > ValidateRgn
: > SelectClipRgn
: > EqualRgn
:
: This is stuff that is probably worth having in the core nanogui type code
: to do regions. In fact the server has a chunk of it

Yes.  They all work, except that I don't yet allow window clip regions
to be combined with the user's local clip region...  Not hard, I'll get this
done
this weekend.  I had previosly left all this out, since the full blown, X-like
region code (dynamically allocated) requires more memory than the simple
version that we're currently running, which uses a static array of rectangles,
and only one region is allowed.  (oh well, having full-blown clipping for any
use is probably a very good thing, since then Nano-X or Microwindows can
then be used for any application or widget set, instead of the large X11)

:
: > GlobalAlloc
: > GlobalLock
: > GlobalUnlock
:
: But chunks of this are Win32 memory allocators and have nothing to do with
: a GUI

True.  So either fltk gets changed with an ifdef or I munge these into the
following:
    GlobalAlloc    malloc
    GlobalFree    free
    GlobalLock    nop
    GlockUnlock  nop

the problem is, many win32 programs use GlobalAllocXXX.  Maybe just a define
in fltk sources is the best idea....

> the problem is, many win32 programs use GlobalAllocXXX.  Maybe just a define
> in fltk sources is the best idea....

Or they build a seperate win32compat library that is seperate to microwindows
itself and does all that kind of OS function glue emulation ?

> this weekend.  I had previosly left all this out, since the full blown, X-like
> region code (dynamically allocated) requires more memory than the simple
> version that we're currently running, which uses a static array of rectangles,
> and only one region is allowed.  (oh well, having full-blown clipping for any
> use is probably a very good thing, since then Nano-X or Microwindows can
> then be used for any application or widget set, instead of the large X11)

So those functions are only available with the dynamic region support. And
if you build low memory you dont get them - seems fair enough.